SÃO PAULO, Dec. 14, 2016 Multinational company National Oilwell Varco (NOV) broadened its network services with Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) to include infrastructure and VPN services, Local Area Network (LAN-to-LAN) connection, internet link and data center services.
The oil and gas company needed to improve connectivity and expand its internet performance throughout the region.
- Benefits from the new services include more reliable communications and connections internally, better connectivity for NOV's operation overall and less risk of power issues and outages.
- NOV is using Level 3's Rio de Janeiro data center servers and equipment, freeing up physical space in their headquarters in Rio de Janeiro.
- The implementation process for the new services was carried out on time and on budget with no disruption to NOV's service.
Level 3 Key Facts:
- Level 3 owns and operates three data centers in Brazil and more than 360 worldwide.
- Level 3 data centers are managed on-site by a team of specialized technicians and have direct connectivity to its more than 320,000 km fiber network with metro market reach in more than 60 countries.
- The company received the Tier III Certification for Design Documents, from the Uptime Institute, for its data center in Rio de Janeiro, which reflects high design standards in the infrastructure and capacity of the data center.
- Level 3's data centers in Curitiba, São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro received Compliance certificates for applicable parts of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard - PCI DSS, confirming that the company's Colocation Services in its three Brazilian data centers meet all the security standards outlined in requirements 9 and 12 of PCI DSS version 3.2.