With presence on five continents, France-based giant Suez is a world leader when it comes to providing water and waste management solutions.
Up until a couple of years ago, the group had around 40 different brands - such as Degrémont, Aqualogy, Agbar, and United Water - which had been created or acquired throughout its more than 150 years of experience.
In 2015, the company's decision to unify all of its trademarks into a single brand, Suez Environnement, was a move aimed at strengthening the group's leadership in sustainable management of resources, having three specific goals in mind:
• To simplify the company's multi-brand architecture for improved performance and commercial efficiency;
• To meet its customers' new needs derived from recently developed environmental and societal challenges;
• And to reinforce the convergence between the company's activities and move away from the role of mere service operators to that of resource managers.
Since then, Suez's strategy has been based on four key aspects: Smart water and new services, industry, waste-to-energy and international growth. At the same time, the company's operations have focused mainly on the following four activities: management of the extended water cycle, the recycling and reuse of water, water treatment solutions, and consulting services for sustainable urban and regional development.
Following the move, and as the unification process was still taking place, the firm appointed Ana Giros as its CEO of the Europe-Latin America business unit. Giros is responsible for the management and development of all the company's water and waste activities for municipal and industrial customers in several Latin American countries, including Brazil and Mexico.
Project Risk Analytics
Tracking project performance
By providing a top-down analysis of the timeliness and costs of current Latin American projects, BNamericas provides a new tool to the industry, allowing it to learn from past events and improve planning for future projects.
- Analytics report analyzing key statistics
- Consider the risks of changes in project schedules
- Instant view of project status
- Benchmark your portfolios and new projects